Saturday, October 10, 2009

Photo Catch-Up Day!!

It's been almost two weeks since I arrived in the Yucatan. My Van was repaired last week. Last Sunday we had a nice party with my realtor friend Pedro and his family as a farewell for Gigi. She flew back to Minneapolis on Monday. Much of this week has been spent finding furnishings for the new casa. Next week I'll be moved in and setting up full-time housekeeping in Chelem.
So...it's time to catch up with the photos from the last week. Hope you enjoy the show!!

Pedro in his hammock on my front porch:




Farewell Party for Gigi, Pedro's wife made Posole:



Sailing race last Sunday:



Guy on a paddle-surfboard in front of the octopus fisherman:



Dan served us Dragon Fruit for breakfast one day:




Pedro holding court with the girls in my new kitchen:



Full moon at the beach:


Sunset on the beach:


MrBuzz on his new front porch:



The end of the line, my beach casa:



2800 miles into the trip...The Yucatan Border...just 2.5 hours to go:



The replica of Columbus's ship The Nina, permanently moored in Corpus Christi, TX:

The Holiday Inn in Veracruz...a beautiful, old colonial hotel:






Some really bad advice from Tom-Tom. He said this washed out road, complete with turkeys was supposed to get us to Veracruz. We declined the GPS advice and found Veracruz on our own:



Beautiful valley, the sun was finally out and the rain was moving on:




My dirty van in front of a huge wash-out on top of a mountain:


MrBuzz in front of the flooded river:





Here's a flooded river in the mountains above Veracruz:

1 comment:

The Beskow Family said...

HOLA!
I hope you heard that in my crazy espanol voice :-). Cause that's how I said it baby!

Hope you are doing well. Love the updates and the pictures. You look so happy. We miss you but are very proud of you being able to live your dreams!